B R A D
Following in the footsteps of car owner Kasey Kahne, Sweet made a name for himself in the national open-wheel racing circuits. After being tapped to drive a part-time schedule for KKR in 2008, Sweet became a superstar in his own right in the USAC racing world with victories including the Belleville Midget Nationals, the Knoxville Midget Nationals and both the Sprint Car and Midget “Four Crown Nationals” at Eldora Speedway.
Moving into the World of Outlaws ranks for KKR in 2013, he showed no signs of slowing down, winning the prestigious King’s Royal. 2014 was another breakthrough season for Sweet as he scored rookie-of-the-year honors and five feature wins. Sweet continued to be a threat on the World of Outlaws Series in 2015 with five wins, 31 top-five finishes, 60 top-ten finishes and two quick time awards. In 2016 Sweet won a career high eight races and also captured a series high 13 quick time awards. Championship winning crew chief Kale Kahne makes the jump from KKR’s No. 9 team to Sweet’s No. 49 in 2017 as they challenge for the World of Outlaws championship.
- 2016 World of Outlaws fourth-place finisher, season championship points (8 wins, 45 top-five finishes)
- 2015 World of Outlaws third-place finisher, season championship points (5 wins, 31 top-five finishes)
- 2014 World of Outlaws Rookie of the Year (5 wins, 29 top-five finishes)
- 2013 winner of prestigious “Kings Royal” Sprint Car race at Eldora
- Six career top-10 finishes in NASCAR Nationwide Series
- Three career top-10 finishes in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- 2010 Short Track Nationals Winner at I-30 Speedway
- 2009 USAC Midget win, Four Crown Nationals at Eldora
- 2008 Trophy Cup Winner at Thunder Bowl Speedway
- 2008 USAC Midget win, Belleville Nationals
- 2008 USAC Midget win, Knoxville Nationals
- 2008 Sprint Car win, Four Crown Nationals at Eldora